Open To: All Maui County schools serving elementary, middle/intermediate or high school students.
What: Create fun and educational videos to promote stormwater awareness and good stormwater pollution prevention practices in our community.
Deadline: All submissions due by December 18, 2020. Please submit the submission form and release waiver along with your video (.mov, .m4v, or mp4 format). Videos and forms can be submitted electronically on the bottom of this page.
Prizes: Winners will receive fun prizes and recognition, and their videos will be shared on Stormwater Maui’s website, social media and in the community.
Resources: Please refer to the Stormwater Educational Presentation and other resources available on this website for additional information. For contest questions and e-signable forms, please email: email@example.com
Sponsored by The State of Hawaii, Department of Transportation, Highways Division-Maui District (HWY-M)
- Three Informational Modules are listed in the Module Section. Select one module as the focus of your video. You are welcome to create and submit multiple videos, as long as each video focuses on one module. Your video must incorporate all of the information listed in the module.
- Regardless of which module you select, every video must also incorporate all of the information listed in the Key Concepts section below.
- Each video should be approximately 3-5 minutes long.
- Videos should be fun, educational and creative, and free of any discriminatory, derogatory, or offensive content of any kind.
Key Concepts that Must Be Included in Each Video
- What stormwater is and how it relates to our oceans and streams.
- How pollutants find their way into stormwater.
- How pollutants in stormwater can harm the environment and wildlife.
- Each video must have a slogan – the catchier the better!
- Key Message: How can members of the Maui community prevent stormwater pollution?